- General (about SG)
- Academic (about courses, students, teachers and schools)
- Finance (about SG funds and its distribution)
- Technical (about SG website and IT)
- Careers (about volunteers, interns and employees)
- News and updates (SG general activity)
- Press (SG press briefing)
- What is School Group?
School Group is an eLearning platform that enables schools around the world to collaborate and learn from each other.
- How did the concept of School Group come into existence?
The concept of School Group came from the personal experiences of founder Mr. Bimal Kumar, who has had a keen desire to know more about schools around the world since his childhood days.
- How many countries are School Group linked with?
School Group operates in six different countries with three projects that connect China, India, Nepal, the Philippines, the United Kingdom and the United States. We have representatives in 20 countries who take part in the development and execution of future projects. Our target is to open branches in approximately one hundred countries by 2020.
- How will the courses of School Group will be different from others?
School Group promotes peer learning. Our courses are mainly designed to give students the real world collaborative experience that is lacking in the traditional education system.
- How can students be a part of School Group?
Participating schools will make accounts for their students. From there, the school can choose another county and project they want to collaborate with.
- How can School Group benefit students?
Using the latest AI and data analysis techniques, we collaborate with the best teachers from around the world to design course materials that give students the best education materials and exposure to real world skills that will help them succeed in life.
- What are the criteria for schools to participate in School Group?
Any school can apply to be a part of this global organization. The school has to register an account and share some details about the school and then chose the countries, schools and projects it wants to collaborate with.
- How can schools benefit from their participation?
We rate schools on a scale from 1-10 based on their infrastructure. The schools that lack lab, libraries, and internet access will have a lower rating. School Group will work with other parties to provide support to such schools. The goal is to increase those schools’ ratings so they can connect with better schools in other countries.
- Is there a way my organization can help School Group?
We need the support of other national and international organizations to achieve our mission. For more details, feel free to contact the administration of School Group by emailing [email protected].
- Is there a way for me individually to help School Group?
Yes, you can directly email us at [email protected].
- What can I do to bring awareness to this organization?
We thank you for your support. You can use your resources and skills to create awareness about School Group. You can also contact our local team for more detailed information.
- How can parents be involved in School Group?
Parents are the core part of our project. We encourage parents to attend the Parents and School Group teachers’ meetings to learn about their students’ progress. Parents can also donate and share educational materials (including electronic materials). s. Parents can also volunteer at local schools or host visiting students.
- How will the courses of the School Group be different from others?
Our major goal is to fill the gap in the global education system and make it more oriented toward real-world challenges. We are collaborating with the world’s best teachers, educational experts and academicians to develop our courses.
- How can you guarantee the outcome you claim from this type of teaching?
Some of the best teachers in the world develop our courses. We constantly modify our courses to address current challenges. Our analytical software reports generated by our website clearly graph the students’ strengths and weaknesses.
- What kind of courses does School Group notoffer?
School Group DOES NOT offer religious, history and politics-related courses.
- Do you completely remove schools’ existing courses?
Absolutely not. We are not replacing any existing curriculum. Instead, we are adding a small selection of highly developed courses to fill the gap in the traditional education system.
- How can students be the part of School Group?
Students are our primary beneficiary. They can join us by logging into our courses.
- What is your studentexchange program?
School Group offerssome selected students, based on their performance, to participate in student exchange programs. Basically, students will get opportunities to study abroad for a certain period of time. To know more about this program, please visit our student exchange page.
- How can School Group benefit students?
School Group helps students study collaboratively through peer learning. Our courses promote skill development to give students real life working experience while they are still in school. To know more, please visit our courses page.
- What is the duration of a typical School Group course?
Typical courses operate for a full year. However, instructors can adjust the time frame as needed.
- How will my performance be assessed on the School Group platform?
Throughout your course or courses, our specially designed analytical tools will constantly monitor your activity and generate reports of your performance. These reports help teachers to know the areas of weakness and what to work on to make improvements.
- How will the teacher exchange program operate?
We help teachers visit schools in other countries to learn about different teaching methods.
- What type of facilities are available for teachers?
Teachers play an essential role in achieving our goals because they operate on the ground level of learning. We have several opportunities for teachers. They will be paid depending on our budget for that particular season. They will also have specific training to develop their teaching skills and receive opportunities to collaborate with the best teachers in the world. Selected teachers will also get a chance to take part in our teacher exchange program.
- What if one school cannot keep up?
Our local branch will help in every legal way to make sure schools have enough opportunities to collaborate.
- What are the sources of funds?
Since we are a non-profit organization, we cannot achieve our goal without the support of our community. We believe education is the best way to bring change in any community. Thus, we involve the community to help us run long term. Any person can easily go through our donation link and make a contribution to be a part of our goal and mission.
Besides personal donations, we are also constantly in touch with philanthropists and different organizations ranging from world banks to local government agencies to help this project thrive.
- What are the ways you are financing School Group?
A large section of our funding comes from our donors. We are also charging a small membership fee to private schools and also have an online store for selling educational materials.
- How will funds be allocated?
Transparency and credibility are part of our core values. We follow international norms on organizational expenditures and our goal is to keep them as minimal as possible. The majority of our funds will drive the development of educational infrastructures, training and other academic activities. Our funds are managed by an expert financial team. You can find more details on our reports page.
- Who will pay for the student exchange program?
Traveling costs and other extra costs will be paid for by the parents. However, the host school will make arrangements for accommodations with either a hostel or local community family. Host families must pass a security clearance and complete all legal documents before accepting guests. The host school will work closely with the local community to make sure that students’ accommodation are highly secured and well-maintained.
In some rare cases, we allow parents to decide about lodging, but parents have to take full responsibility for students’ safety outside the classroom in the host country.
- Are there any fees for registration of schools?
We believe that education should be free for society. We do not require fees for government or community schools. However, we might request a small annual fee for private schools to help fund the School Group mission.
- How can I help to raise funds for your organization?
We have several options for raising funds for School Group. You can like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. You can help our crowdfunding efforts to raise funds for School Group. You can also arrange a seminar to invite philanthropists and a School Group representative to raise funds. We encourage you to contact [email protected] to help with funding campaigns.
- Are donations given to School Group tax deductible?
We provide the EIN of our organization, which provides our NPO status from the IRS for tax deductions.
- What payment options do you currently offer?
We accept all kinds of payments. For details, please visit our donate page.
- Can I have a refund if I change my mind about donating?
Unfortunately, we do not have any refund process for donations.
- I am an international donor, do you accept all types of currency?
Absolutely, we take every donation and every currency from any country under national and international rules and regulations. We also take stock, bitcoins, property, intellectual property and other forms of physical wealth as a donation. You can email us at [email protected] for more information.
- I want to remain anonymous, can I pay with bitcoins?
Yes, if it is a legal currency in your country. Our legal team will make sure to fulfill all the requirements before accepting any donation.
- Is there a way I can transfer an amount directly to your bank account?
Yes, our bank and routing number is available on our website in the donation section. For more details, contact us at [email protected].
- We are donating as a U.S. company. Do you have an EIN?
Absolutely. We are happy to send you our certification of tax-exempt status from the IRS with our EIN.
- Can I have proof of my donation to use for a tax deduction?
Yes, you will receive a receipt as proof that can be used during your tax filing.
- Is there any software that I need to download to use the School Group platform?
At present, we no specific software. Eventually, we will have a School Group app for mobile devices.
- How do I use my dashboard on the School Group platform?
You can watch the tutorial video on how to use our platform. Assigned teachers will also help you learn the needed skills.
- How can I contact School Group to register my school?
You can contact your school administration to register on our website.
- What data does School Group collect about me?
We will only collect activity data during your time on our website. We then use the data for course development.
- Does School Group share or sell my data to third parties?
Absolutely not. Your data will only be used for educational purposes and with your consent. We also comply with all local and international rules and regulations on data protection.
- Does School Group collect biometric data?
No. We do not collect any biometric data.
- Does School Group have an Android or iOS app?
Our team is working on both Android and iOS apps. We will have a mobile platform soon.
- Is the School Group platform optimized to work well on smartphones, tablets and Laptop?
Yes. Our website is dynamic and fully customizable on all three platforms.
- How fast does my internet connection need to be for the School Group platform to be functional?
Your internet should meet the minimum requirements to open any page.
- How do I log into my School Group account using the Android or iOS app?
Once you open the app, you will find the login tab on the top-right side of your app’s home screen.
- Can I make a donation through School Group’s Android or iOS app?
Yes. In order to do so, please visit our donation page.
- How do I sign up for School Group using the Android or iOS app?
You can sign in by logging in to the signup page. However, for the full use of the courses, we recommend using a laptop or desktop.
- Is the School Group Android and iOS apps free to download?
Yes. Our apps are free to download.
- How soon can you fix defective equipment or software?
Our IT team is constantly working 24 hours-a-day, 365 days-a-year to make sure our programs function smoothly. In case of any emergency, we make sure to fix the problem as soon as practical.
- Can I still do my courses even if I’m offline from the School Group platform?
Yes, you may be able to use some sections of the courses offline. However, to fully use the courses, we recommend the use of a laptop or desktop with an Internet connection.
- How frequently do I do my course on the School Group platform?
Each curriculum is operated by the instructor’s individual preference.
- What are the minimum system requirements for the School Group platform to work?
Our website works fully on laptop and desktop platforms. We are also accessible on mobile devices.
- How do I sign up for School Group?
You can sign up by going to the sign up page.
- How do I upload or change my profile picture in my account?
You can change your profile picture after going to the login page.
- I forgot my password. What do I do to get back into my account?
You can change your password after going to the login page.
- How can I edit my profile details in my account?
You can edit your profile details after going to the login page.
- How will the teachers exchange program operate?
The teacher exchange program is operated by our international office. For more details, please go to the teacher exchange page.
- Can I intern with School Group?
Yes, you can apply for an internship by clicking the apply link. We are excited and look forward to working with you.
- How can I volunteer for School Group?
Anyone who wishes to volunteer can click the apply link and then select the volunteer section on that page.
- Who can volunteer for School Group?
Anyone who does not have any legal restrictions can volunteer for School Group. To know about our volunteer process, please go to our volunteer page.
- What are the benefits of volunteering?
Volunteers are the key part of our organization. We highly appreciate their service in taking our mission forward. In return, volunteers will receive a LinkedIn recommendations, testimonials, spotlights in newsletters and/or a professional references. In the long term, they can also apply to be staff members on our team. To learn more about becoming a volunteer, please go to our volunteer page.
- How can schools participate in School Group?
We accept all kinds of schools. To learn more about our program, schools can make an account on our website’s sign up page.
- How can these schools benefit from this participation?
Schools are our primary partner. We have several programs we offer for schools. To know more, please visit our schools page.
- How can I check the status of my application?
If you have not heard from School Group yet, we do not have definitive information on the status of your application. This process can take some time, but if your school fits well with School Group, a staff member will definitely be in touch.
- How can I apply to work at School Group (full-time or as an intern)?
We are always interested in new talent for our team, no matter your background. Here are the links to apply for internships and full-time positions. You can also check out our careers page to see our current open positions.
- How can parents be involved in School Group?
We are happy that parents are showing interest in our organization. To know more about how you can contribute as a parent, please visit our our parents page.
- What type of facilities are rendered to teachers?
We have several offers for teachers, including teacher training and a teacher exchange program. For more information, please visit our teachers page.
News and updates
- Is there a newsletter I can sign up for to stay updated about School Group?
Absolutely. You can subscribe to our email list and also follow us on most social media platforms. Our passionate team constantly provides updates to give the most up-to-date news about our organization.
- Are you selling any products or merchandise on your website?
We are primarily a service provider. However, we are also establishing online educational stores to help generate additional capital. These funds will be used to achieve the mission of School Group.
- How much research has been done on this method?
We have been developing this method since 2014. Our team has done three years of global education research, including visiting 30 countries and 1000 schools around the world. In addition, we have been working with expert teachers throughout the world.
- How will you ensure proper peer to peer engagement?
Our courses are designed by experts in a way that promotes peer learning.
- How will you handle students with intellectual disabilities?
We put extra attention toward students with intellectual disabilities. Experts will guide and monitor students with intellectual disabilities. These experts will also stay constantly in touch with local teachers to make sure all students receive equal opportunities.
- How can I unsubscribe myself from the School Group marketing list?
You can click the unsubscribe link in your email.
- Does School Group arrange any academic competitions?
We certainly have some healthy competition. We wish them well because we are all promoting education for a better society.
- Does School Group offer any scholarships?
School Group offers several scholarship opportunities for students. To know more about these programs, please visit our scholarship page.
- Can an excellent student take extra independent courses?
We have some special and advanced opportunities for gifted and talented students.
- What will happen when a student enters college and she/he are not accustomed to learning the way the colleges teach because School Group is different?
We are not replacing entire courses. We are simply adding a small selection of courses to develop high-level skills which may otherwise be lacking in traditional education. We are confident this will help students do better in college.
- What happens during a war?
During war or any unexpected challenges, School Group will follow all the standard protocols of international laws and local government rules and regulations.
- Is the CEO Bimal Kumar available to come to speak at our event/conference?
Mr. Kumar is extremely busy with team meetings and organizational development. However, he would love to talk with students about his vision. He enjoys attending events and conferences depending upon his availability.
- How can members of the press get in touch?
- I would like to invite a member of School Group to speak at an event. Who do I contact?
Such Inquiries should be submitted via this speaker request form.